So, as many of you know, some more emphatically than others,..... Spider Robinson is my #2 favorite author in the whole wide world! Over the last couple of months, through the book club I joined, I've gotten to grab a BUNCH of Spider Robinson that I'd either only read once long ago, or never read at all...I say to you now, my bloggians, PLEASE read his stuff! I know some of you do/have (Roy, AM, Paul), and even you folks have probably missed a WHOLE lot.......seriously you guys.....Spider has such a skewed yet positive, all the while punny as hell view on the world...he IS my hero.....and quite honestly in a theoretical question of who you'd like to meet etc.....he would be number one, even if Robert A. Heinlein was still alive! I think his stuff needs to be read by everyone, everywhere. The Callahan's stories are always a good place to start......Callahan's Crosstime Saloon, Time Travelers Strictly Cash, Callahan's Secret, The Callahan Touch, Callahan's Legacy, Callahan's Key, Callahan's Con, Callahan's Lady, Lady Slings the Booze..........and you can start anywhere amongst them...they're all short easy reads that will leave you feeling like a better human being, or at least wanting to be a better one.








No comments:
Post a Comment