Sunday, July 24, 2011

angel of transmission death, checking in

So, it's been forever and a day since I've blogged (blahgged). I just had to post once I figured out how to even find my blog again (many computer changes in the last couple of years) and how to sign in to it....that yes, the angel of transmission death has claimed yet another victim. I was on my yearly jaunt to ATL/Lexington and decided to go through North Carolina on the way back to visit a friend. My transmission gave up the ghost about halfway up my friend's (SCARY AS HELL mountain, but that's another topic) mountain. It wound up costing me about 10 days and 4 grand. Needless to say, I'm in LOVE with the brave lil' toaster (the name I've given the rodeo with no AC since I'm in Florida) all over again. I figured I'd better be since I just sank FOUR FREAKIN GRAND into it.
For any of you who go HOLY SHIT, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SUNK FOUR GRAND INTO THE RODEO, DOTTIE.....
a) I was stranded on a mountain in North Carolina with a buddy who has a life and obligations etc. and didn't have time to traipse my ass an hour up and down the mountain looking for a used car
b) I could've gotten mine rebuilt for half that but
I) mine was already a rebuild from 4 yrs ago when Reese's here in Dead Twig rebuilt it, and it was NEVER RIGHT after they rebuilt it.
II) the warranty on the rebuild would've been 10,000 miles/1 year and ONLY good at JimBobJoeBob's shop in North Carolina vs. the warranty on the brand spankin' new transmission (since we were in Transylvania county, I've dubbed it Dr. Frankenfurter, the sweet transmission from Transylvania county) was 100,000 miles/3 years.
So, to sum up.. I am STILL the angel of transmission death.
BUT
It could've been a LOT worse than it was.
a) my buddy I was going to visit was following me, so I was never stranded on the side of the road.
b) I could have been somewhere where I didn't have a buddy to stay with for 10 days.
c) I was able to make a decent amount of money whilst stranded.
d) the bank of mom, as much as i *shudder* hated to call on it, was there for me. (yay mom!)


And, on other notes....I plan to make other notes. I have ideas for several bloggy blog topics, even though I don't think any of my faithful few even follow this blahg after my being absentee for the last few years lol. I love you guys, but I'm doing this for me, lol.

No comments: